Thursday, March 20, 2014

Travel - Cincinnatiti, Ohio

This travel article comes from National Geographic's Traveler Magazine. I found it interesting because it talks about cool things to do in Cincinnati Ohio...and I always assumed Ohio didn't have much going for it. On the contrary, the city has a vast collection of underground beer catacombs from the Victorian era. This guy went, explored the catacombs, and sampled all the beer.

http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/city-guides/cincinnati-traveler/

I thought the article was a bit long just to talk about a trip to Cincinnati. I got bored reading not because his writing style was off-putting, but more because I don't have a direct interest in beer or how it's made... Nevertheless, I liked his word choice and descriptors and the fact that you can tell he talked to a lot of locals to cover their views on the city. He also shows evidence of extensive research on the places he visits and gives the history of each. If I liked beer, this article would probably appeal to me. Lucky for the author, I'm sure there are a lot of beer drinkers who are now stoked to go visit Cincinnati.

No comments:

Post a Comment